What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a small text file that a website transfers to the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the site can remember who you are.
- A cookie will typically contain the name of the website from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- We cannot identify you personally by using a cookie. Cookies store no personal data and are not used to gather personal information.
- To collect statistics about your use of our website, such as when you last visited the site. This information is used to improve the user experience on our website.
- To make our job applications system more convenient to use by maintaining your login session between screens, so you don't have to log back in continually.
- To help us embed useful maps and videos from Google Maps, YouTube and Vimeo.
Enabling or disabling cookies
- We recommend that you allow all cookies set by this site as they help us provide you with a better service.
- If you decide to delete or disable our cookies then you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
- Information about how to enable or disable cookies is available on the about cookies website.
- Cookies used by Oxfordshire County Council, do not infringe on your privacy or threaten your computer's security.
You may see a cookie pop-up welcome message when you visit. We’ll store a cookie so that your computer knows you’ve seen it and knows not to show it again.
|__popupCookie||Tracks if a user has visited the site and see the cookie pop-up message||9999 days|
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. This information is used for reporting purposes and to help us improve the customer experience on our site.
Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. The cookie is used to store information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
The cookies set by Google Analytics are as follows:
|__ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate stats on how the visitor uses the website||2 years|
|__gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||1 day|
|__gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate stats on how the visitor uses the website||1 day|
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
Customised online advertising
We have installed tracking code on all pages of this website to help us learn more about Facebook users' interests in the site. The aim is to make sure that any advertising we create is as relevant as is reasonably possible for our audience. Facebook Pixel enables us to create 'custom audiences' within Facebook to target Facebook adverts at groups of people who have visited certain pages. It also helps us to measure how effective our Facebook adverts are. We cannot identify individual visitors to our web pages by using Facebook Pixel.
Our privacy notice (pdf format, 204kb) explains how and why information about you will be used and stored by us. An easy read version of our privacy notice (pdf format, 1.3Mb) is also available. We currently have a COVID-19 privacy notice (pdf format, 65KB) for the ongoing pandemic emergency response.